Recently we have made code re-factoring for one of the project. It was a wonderful experience I have ever had, learned interesting pieces of writing code.
How do we define this? OK, Here you go
Refactoring is a disciplined technique/process of changing a project’s/program’s internal structure without modifying its external functional behavior or existing functionality
Things to keep in mind:
- Understand the flow of whole project.
- Collect the URL’s for all the modules.
- Define SEO friendly URLs.
- Make sure you have reused URLs with multiple modules.
- Define the controller & models which relates to the URL.
- Make sure the project is secure.
- Enhance the use of error handling.
- Don’t compromise for anything; change the rules if necessary.
- Follow strict coding-standards.
- Make sure you have optimized the code at a higher level.
- See some suggestion/tips on writing OOPS code.